Saturday 14 December 2013

#CountryKids Langdale Christmas Pudding Fun Run

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

One of the great things about living in Cumbria is the amount of running that takes place. At both junior school and secondary level children can take part in fell or trail running. I took it up myself this year but children are encouraged to take part in fun runs at most of the big running events.

Today I was taking part in the annual Langdale Christmas Pudding 10 km race which was my first proper race and first go at doing the distance. Before our race there was a fun run for all ages which my son wanted to do.


It was about a 3/4 loop along the quiet country lane from New Dungeon Ghyll:

Langdale Valley

Langdale Valley

The audience included a flock of Herdwicks:

Herdwicks Langdale Valley

A sizeable number of children took part despite the inclement weather:

Langdale Valley fun run 2013

My son set off a bit too fast and had to walk off a stitch but he came speeding into the finish:

Langdale fun run sprint finish

And he got a well earned medal:

Langdale Fun run medal

Then he retired to the pub with Gramps whilst I ran 10 km in the driving rain (though he was there to cheer me at the finish!)

2 comments:

  1. Sara (@mumturnedmom)14 December 2013 at 22:42

    Well done to you and your son :) Hope you enjoyed the race. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message