Monday 2 December 2013

A family business

Being a single mum its great for me to have sources of income that fit in around my family. Obviously blogging is a perfect one as my children enjoy reviewing products and days out so I can write about them! The other thing I do is act as an Independent Usborne Re-seller. I started up doing this back in 2008 as I just loved the books and wanted a way to both boost my income and get cheaper books!

I haven't done too much of it this year so far as my car is almost too small to carry both my stock and my children... However now the Christmas fair season is upon us my children and I have swung into team action again. We kicked off by having a stall at our church Advent fair this Saturday. A very early start for a Saturday had us ready to set-up at 8:30 and within less than an hour we had got our stall all ready:



As a reward for an early start my daughter nipped down to get us all a take away McDonald's breakfast... My son decided the best place to eat his was underneath our stall whilst playing on the iPad:


The good thing about doing a Christmas fair is there is plenty to distract the children and I just had to eek out their spending money and ensure regular feeding! They are very good at drumming up entries for Find the Duck. At the end of the day they were each rewarded with a book as wages:



Can you tell who chose which?

We have more events this week and I hope that they are as helpful at them as they were on Saturday:



13 comments:

  1. I considered becoming as usborne rep last year but didn't think I'd have the time. It looks a good little business to have though. Looks cosy under that table :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Maccy D's breakfast?!? Heaven. I love books and fairs so, this is right up my street (except not- which is a shame!) good luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Usborne books, looks like a great way to earn some extra money :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic way to earn that little extra just before Christmas. I love the picture of your son under the table :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only got has brown and coffee! thanks more tonight and tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  6. a tempting way as get to see new books ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you paid them in books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WifeMumStudentBum6 December 2013 at 23:04

    This looks fantastic. We love books, and what a great way to earn your extra dollars xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked into this when I decided I didn't want to return to work after maternity leave the second time. I decided that I would be rubbish at it but it seems a fab way to make money. I love Usborne books too :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan Styles You7 December 2013 at 15:20

    Great way to get some pennies in for Christmas! I am doing Xmas stalls myself at the mo with clothes, scarves and jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. It gives kids a sense of work ethic and it's good to do something like this together. It;s a different kind of fun, if that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message