Thursday 23 May 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful; week 21 #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
So pleased that Michelle is finding positives in the midst of plenty of angst. This linky really does help you see the light at the end of the tunnel! Here are mine this week:

1) Me

I am so pleased that my weight and body are going in the right direction. For more see yesterday's post! Its a real boost that things are going well. The fact that in the process I have raised nearly £200 for our local Cancer Care charity is a real boost too. There is still time to sponsor me if you want!

2) My son

He came home with a head teacher's award for his class work. So proud of how he has blossomed in year 1 and hope it continues into year 2! At swimming he was top of the class in the floating practice and had to demonstrate how to transition from star to straight to mushroom float. Sometimes he lacks confidence in the pool so it was great to have a lesson where he was boosted all the way. He continues to love reading and is now onto book 6 of Beast Quest so guess we need to stock up on more in the series!


3) My daughter

She is bouncing back after a hard first week back at school. It was lovely in the park on Sunday when she played really nicely with my friend's toddler. I always love the way she enjoys being with little children and how kind and patient she is with them. A sign of the young lady that is starting to emerge.

Dressed to paint granny's shed
4) A brief hint of summer

Hard to believe what the weather was like earlier this week after snow and hail today but whilst it lasted the sunny weather was bliss! Whether it was an evening in the park or being able to walk to work in just a short sleeved top there is something about blue skies and sunshine to raise the spirits. Let's hope it comes back soon..


What is making you smile?

4 comments:

  1. Great reasons. I always love seeing your view x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragonsflypoppy23 May 2013 at 22:42

    Great reasons and just fab about your son's award. Well done on raising the money too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pics! My son always had a lot of patience with younger children, he now wants to become a teacher x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message