Wednesday 22 May 2013

Weigh in Wednesday Week 4


As its a month since I started listening to my slimpod I thought it would be a great time to compare how I looked then and now. I keep being told by others how much slimmer I look but sometimes its hard to see it for myself! So I put my starting photo next to my photo from tonight (thanks Dad for taking it):


It is amazing how different I look in just a month! The scales haven't shifted that much though I lost 2 lbs this week (hurray). Just goes to show why you shouldn't just use your body weight as a way of seeing if you are slimming down. 

I feel that the slimpod is making a difference slowly but surely to my eating habits. I am more often listening to my body and stopping when I feel full and not carrying on regardless. There is no conscious measuring of calorie intake just more mindful eating choices. Still a way to go to undo 20 years of bad habits but I am really making a good inroad into them..

Completing my 10 k run on Saturday has made me feel more positive about my fitness and finishing about 15th with a time of 1 hour 11 minutes really surprised me. There is still a way to go as I did struggle to run the whole course (well it is rather hilly!) but it was a great achievement. I wonder how much my fitpod helped me through?

Right now the right hand side of body protests when I do exercise! I struggled to run back home from school yesterday. I used to have problems for about 30 years with my left knee and the consequence is my right works harder now even though my knee is now fine. I am going to persist in running twice a week though as I have another couple of 5 km or more runs next month! I do hope that eventually my body levels itself out..

Here's to getting even slimmer as the summer has finally started to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message