Saturday 2 February 2013

100 books challenge 2013

I have been using GoodReads to track my 100 books challenge for 2013 and thought it was time to do an update 1 month in! This is also part of Book Chick City's 100 book challenge and Read52 on Google:



A reading challenge from http://liveotherwise.co.uk/makingitup

So far it's looking good as I am apparently 7 books ahead of schedule although some of these are picture books I have been reading with my son. As you can see by these images its been quite a range of types of books that I have read so far:



I seem to be mostly reading my favourite genres of historical fiction and fantasy but there have been some other crime or other books too. There was a chunk in the middle when I spent an hour in a cafe reading from their children's section to my son:


Along the way I have discovered some new authors to me including James Aitcheson, Edward Marston and Kate Atkinson. There are also returns to old favourites with starting over reading my dad's Discworld collection! If you want to know more about what I think about these books then I have reviewed all of them over on my Book Blog


I am looking forward to reading even more books as the year goes on both in paper form and on my Kindle. Luckily I have been sent some more to review too so watch this space! Hopefully I will keep on track to hit 100 with more time to spare than last year when I finished the last book on December 31st..


5 comments:

  1. I confess I haven't been adding read alouds to the total, though I probably should. We do seem to read the same ones over and over though.

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on my third year with a Goodreads challenge, upping it each time. I am trying for 80 this year and usually find myself catching up with childrens books closer to Christmas! It is a great way to motivate and keep track of the books I have read and ones I would like to recommend. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its my 3rd attempt only succeeded once.. good reads v useful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess I haven't been adding read alouds to the total, though I probably should. We do seem to read the same ones over and over though. Thanks for linking up :) on 100 books challenge 2013
    Remove content | Delete | SpamI confess I haven't been adding read alouds to the total, though I probably should. We do seem to read the same ones over and over though. Thanks for linking up :) liveotherwise

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope I go over with my own reads but wanted to record all I read :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message