Thursday 17 May 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful: XXXXI ( #R2BC )



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Here are this week's reasons to smile! Having realised that I have actually spent the last couple of weeks feeling like my glass is half empty I'm feeling much more positive this week :-)


1) The car


After months of struggling with my car in the mornings and increasingly after work too it is a real mood shifter to have it working properly! It turned out that the air was getting in the fuel system due to a leaky pipe. This has now been fixed by a lovely mechanic David Break and my car has never started so well.


2) Fun in the sun


On Saturday it was a fund raising fun day for Help for Heroes in Staveley. In turned out to be such a glorious day that I got slightly sun burned! The kids had a great time and hopefully we helped to raise plenty of money too:



3) My Son


For the first time my 5 year old managed the monkey bars at the park. This is a real milestone as he has until now struggled to carry his own weight on just his arms. Just to prove it wasn't a fluke he re-did it again today:



4) 15 minutes of fame

The article about my 730 blips appeared both on the local newspaper website and in the actually paper. In fact my story is the headline on the A boards outside newsagents! Amazing what happens when you get addicted to taking a photo a day:


5) My daughter

At times my daughter can be so grown up. Today in the park she very nicely helped to play with a 10 month old boy and it was fabulous to see. Just hope she shows more of that side!


3 comments:

  1. oh how fab to have your article in the paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have it in the paper, and on the boards! Well done. :) Well done to your son on the monkey bars as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds great. Its lovely to watch our children master new things and over come obstacles. Great to have your story in the paper!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message