- Always take your camera/camera phone: if you haven't got it with you then you may miss out on a great photo opportunity! I use my iPhone so 95% of time I have it on me. For big trips I also take my digital compact.
- Join photo sharing sites: sites such as Instagram, Flickr and Blipfoto are good ways to see what others do and to get tips and advice on how to make your photos better.
- Keep your eyes peeled: when you are out and about look around for things that are either lovely to look at or quirky.
- "Collect" a series: I took a whole series of post box photographs trying to get one for every monarch since Victoria. It makes for a challenge to try and spot new ones.
- Take lots of photos: with digital technology you can take 100s or 1000s of photographs in a day and then you have plenty to choose from!
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
5 Tips to improve your photography
I am writing this whist waiting to be photographed by my local paper for taking 2 years of daily photos on Blipfoto. Here are my 5 tips for improving your photography as an amateur: