Tuesday 8 October 2019

Love Barrow 10k Race

So as the final push for my Manchester half training I took part in the inaugural Love Barrow 10k road race. Before our race there was a mental health mile for all ages an abilities:

Love Barrow mental health mile

Then it was time for those of us mad enough to run 10k to warm up and line up at the start. Some guys from Barrow Amateur Boxing Club decided we needed a team selfie before we ran out through the shopping centre and out towards the park:

Love Barrow 10k

We then undertook a zig zag course with plenty of undulations through the park:


Love Barrow 10k

We then ran back towards the town centre, with a couple of hills included, before starting a second loop (I was lapped by only 1 runner before then!):

Love Barrow 10k

By the time I reached the park there were less of us bunched together as I was towards the back... I was feeling quite tired and was a lot slower the second timer around:

Love Barrow 10k

 My friend met me near the finish and helped me to run to a season's best by 7 seconds! 


Let's hope I can do OK on Sunday and raise plenty of money for YoungMinds at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message