Saturday 13 July 2019

Reasons to be Cheerful: Time, proud mum, school and a bed #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart 

Michelle has handed the hosting baton to me for this month after looking after us for June. So I am making sure that this post is ready to go on time! It has been a pretty good week for me and I look forward to seeing what has made you happy too. So I had better kick off with just some of things that have made me cheerful this week:

1) Time with my girl

I had some extra time with my daughter as I gave her a lift to visit her friend out in the Yorkshire Dales for a drink at the pub. We also had our fortnightly social with her fellow aspies and carers. I got reminded about our wild swimming from last year and hope she is well enough to do more this year:


2) Proud mum

My son is having a good time with his fell running at the moment. His race on Saturday, he was 18th out of 55, means he finished 23rd out of 74 runners for the championship despite being one of the youngest:



He then ran at a small local event last night and was 2nd boy and 3rd overall plus nabbing 3rd place in the potato race! All his training is really coming together at the moment. Not only that but at school he has been put mostly into top sets for year 8 which shows how well he is doing there.

3) School 

I am nearly at the end of the school year. Since October I have been working 1:1 with a child and this week he told me the best thing about this year had been working with me! Just as well when we will be working together again next year... 

I enjoy the fact that not only do we do all the core learning but we have the freedom to get creative. This week we made mosaics to tie in with our Roman topic:




We also helped out in the school garden and hopefully have safely relocated this apple tree (apples have been removed to encourage it to root:




4) Free bed

When you a growing child, he is now over 5 ft 10, and a shrinking bank balance it's perfect time to see a friend offering a free double bed on Facebook! It was worth a 50 mile round trip, taking out all the car seats and having a slightly uncomfortable drive home:



Only thing is I now have to wait until our central heating is replaced in 2 weeks to construct it!

Join In and Share the Happiness!


I love to read your Reasons to be Cheerful and it is easy to join in with no complicated rules -

1. Link up a post about something that is making you super happy/ grateful. It can be in this style or it can be anything you like

2. Add the #R2BC badge onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they fancy

3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and why not share with #R2BC too?



 R2BC at Mummy from the Heart





get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. I never realized that the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales were so close (once I'd realized that the Lake District wasn't in Yorkshire). Good luck with the new central heating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Separated by the M6 motorway! Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message