Thursday 22 March 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Proud Mum, Geekiness and Simple Things #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

Its hard to believe how quickly March is disappearing! Here in Cumbria we only have one week left of term before the Easter break. I have to say I am looking forward to relaxing a bit with no school rush or juggling all my work commitments. That said there has been plenty to smile about this week:

1) Drama Queen

My daughter was in her school's drama showcase. First of all she was the Mad Hatter in a scene performed by the year 7-9 students. Then she was part of the GCSE drama group who put on Teechers in which they all played multiple roles:


2) Geek Heaven

Someone in parenting group shared a link to The Institution of Engineering and Technology where you could order engineering posters for secondary or primary level. Having a son who loves this kind of thing I ordered both packs... He is in heaven having his bed surrounded by the posters with complex mathematical equations above his pillow:


3) The Simple Things

A rare sight occurred this week (something to do with not much work!) as I discovered that my laundry basket does indeed have a bottom:



So short and sweet this week but its kept us all smiling! I will be joining in the Michelle and linking up.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting to the bottom of the basket. Have a great and laundry free weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting to the bottom of the laundry basket - it's one of the few times I get a sense of satisfaction from housework!

    Well done to your daughter, after everything she's been through, you must both be so proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the empty laundry basket, I'm dreaming of that as I just cleaned the bathroom and stripped all the towels out as well as the normal clothes! Loving those posters, I'm off to look for my son now.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message