Thursday 15 March 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Body Confidence and Makeover #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

My latest win was a Burlesque photo shoot at Andrew Wood Photography in Manchester. This was a chance to be primped and pampered and get some body confidence. Regular readers will know that this is my normal look:


At the studio I was asked what sort of make up I would like and then she set to work (a big job in my case!). This was a half way stage bathroom selfie:


The final look with curled hair and what seemed like half a tonne of foundation and a selfie using the make up mirror:




Then I was taken upstairs to the rooms they use as studios and met my photographer. She showed me a selection of corsets to try. It felt amazing - if squished to be laced up inside of one! I then got to pose on various pieces of furniture whilst she photographed me (whilst complimenting my lovely long legs, green eyes and other assets!).

Into the next room and a change of costume and some different poses - I did turn down whips and chains! The final room had me lying on a various backdrops:


Here I am in full made up glory talking about on YouTube - no idea why sound is out of sync though.



It was a really fun experience which I would recommend. I do wonder if I will ever wear false eyelashes again?:

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you look amazing. I experimented with some photoshop recently and now I wonder why anyone would post a photo of themselves without either loads of make up or just photoshoppng it on. I think you and I just aren't vain enough to go to the trouble of all that make up every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like an amazing experience and a real insight into how all those magazine photos are achieved - you look stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you love the experience? I saw one of your photos earlier in the week and I had to look twice as I wasn’t sure it was you! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun, great way to get older ones enjoying being outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've tried parkour once and it resulted in a sprained foot so we haven't ventured to do it again! Looks like you are having more success than we did! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like he's having lots of fun, hope that continues with no injuries too #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coombe Mill (Fiona)21 March 2018 at 00:13

    Boys do see everyday things in a different light to most! My kids are just the same hopping on and over everything I only think to walk alongside. I love the little video and the clever use of objects your son uses.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  8. He really likes the adventure! I am so impressed. I can see my two doing this when they get older. Hope he manages to keep scrape free x #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  9. In a few months time, as he starts jumping from higher heights, you're going to have your heart in your mouth every time you leave the house! Looks like he really enjoys it though.#CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the video and your son looks like he is having fun leaping over things. Elbow and knee pads definitely sound like a good idea though! :-) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message