Thursday 16 April 2015

Reasons to be Cheerful: Back to School #R2BC

Ojos World


The lovely Jo is still hosting the linky this month so please go and say hello on her blog! I have a few reasons to be cheerful now school is back:

1) Teaching

I have been enjoying my first week on my final teaching practice. Teaching the life cycle of butterflies with pasta:


Lots of fun with English too re-enacting the Bad-Tempered Ladybird and being inventive with sentence openers.

2) Fell Running

My son's running training restarted this week and its now up on The Helm near Oxenholme. It was a glorious evening up there and I was glad to be a parent helper. In fact I enjoyed it so much I have now signed up myself so I can alternate between running and helping:


3) Migration

My daughter was involved in a Migration arts project with her school. They made dolls who all had migration stories. Tonight the project was put on display with other parts from schools in Kendal at the Brewery Arts Centre. My daughter and I went to the special preview with other families. She was so proud of her work and was very good at explaining it to people there:


4 comments:

  1. The migration arts project sounds really good, glad it went well! I'm not one for running so admire anyone who does it, well done to your boy hope he continues to do so well and enjoy it :) Loving the pasta life cycle I think i'll have to do this my two as in nursery they're doing caterpillars, newts and goodness knows what else! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That project sounds fascinating. I love the idea of using pasta to explain the life cycle, what a great way for children to understand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for Blue Sky19 April 2015 at 08:44

    Love the pasta idea and the migration project, some schools look like so much fun! Well done to your son too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That migration project looks great, maybe you are nurturing a potential teacher too! Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message