Thursday 29 November 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 48 ( #R2BC )

 

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
 

Thanks again Michelle for hosting this linky. It's great to stop and think positive.

1) Thinking of others

I am so glad that my children are learning to think about and do things for people less fortunate than themselves. My daughter raised £35 for Macmillan cancer by painting nails and running a game at our church fete this weekend. Even her brother let her paint his nails! We have also had a good clear out of their old clothes for their schools Bags2School fundraiser. Great to get rid of unwanted clothes to help both their school and people in need in Eastern Europe.

2) Proper Winter

The weather has really turned wintry this week. Temperatures are barely above freezing and we have had plenty of frost like on my shed roof:

 

Yes my washing froze on the line but at least it was dry enough to try and hang it out! Just glad I have a nice toastie electric blanket though and I'm not looking forward to the heating bill!

3) Mummy treat

I realised I am child free the weekend the Hobbit comes out so I have booked myself a seat to see the 3D version all on my own! I'm a big Tolkein fan and its been a long wait to get to see one of my favourite childhood books turned into a film:



 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love going to the cinema on my own, so indulgent! Have you recently changed over to the 2012 version is disqus? It makes it really hard for people to comment using IE, I had to open Chrome to comment here. I have taken my back to the old version of disqus as I lost commenters and it stopped non-reguistered commenting which I wanted. Just to make you aware.


    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rambling Pages3 December 2012 at 12:54

    Really hope you enjoy the Hobbit, i can't wait to see it. We saw the thrid Lord of the Rings the night before Little Man made his unexpected, ealry appearance in the world and I will never forget sitting there feeling uncomfortable and wondering if all was OK, Now we are planning on seeing the Hobbit and he is keen to come to! Hope you have a great time x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message