Thursday 9 August 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful: Olympic Edition

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

The hop is being hosted by Fay at a Glass Half Full this week. With what I've been up to the only theme I can have is the Olympics!



1) Olympics with my children

We were amongst the lucky people to get the cheapest seats in the stadium in the ticket allocation. This meant that on day 1 of the athletics we were seated right at the top of the stadium looking down the entire thing. It was a wonderful atmosphere and such an amazing experience for us all - especially cheering on Jessica Ennis on her way to gold!


2) Olympics with Coca-Cola

My second trip was my prize from Coca=Cola for my Sustainability Post. This time I went with my mum and met up with 2 other mummy bloggers Pippa (plus her husband) from A Mother's Ramblings and Lou (with her daughter) from Bloggomy as well as the lovely PR ladies. This experience was a lot more laid back than travelling with my children!

We were seated 10 rows from the front for an evening session and got to be close up to the action for semis and finals. It was very exciting being so much closer to the track side. I definitely came out with a huge grin at the end of the night.


3) Olympics at Home

My children have really taken on board the excitement of the Olympics. It has been fantastic watching them and their friends in our street recreating their own Olympics with running and cycling races. My son seems to think he is the next Jessica Ennis bless him!




3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of everyone who has been to see the Olympics, I am glad that you have been enjoying them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, I would have loved to have seen some events. My two are loving the Olympics too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message