Thursday 2 August 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful: Holidays Part 1 ( #R2BC )

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


Michelle is having a well earned summer break and enjoying her family so this week the guest host is Clare at Seasider in the City. Please pop over to see what she has to say! As for me here are my Reasons to be Cheerful after the first full week of the holidays.


1) Kindness of Strangers


My daughter and I got separated in Kendal town centre this Saturday which is a busy market day. Neither of us had realised there were 2 umbrella shops! I was getting a little bit panicky and was systematically going to places she might have gone though luckily Kendal is a small, friendly town. I went back to where we had spoken to Kendal Town Ladies Football team who were fund raising that day. There I found them looking after my daughter who had remembered that they had been given my phone number for a competition. They were looking after her and had contacted the police to report a lost child. What a lovely bunch of ladies and I hope they have a super season.


2) Happy on the Helm


My mum is leading a walk up The Helm in Kendal on Saturday for families and novice walkers so took us along to try out the route in advance. It was a lovely little walk as a 3 generation group and a great chance for us all to test out our new cameras. I posted my son's efforts yesterday this was one of my favourites from the day:




3) Fun at Fell Foot


I had days out vouchers due to expire on 31st so I headed off to the bottom of Windermere with the kids. We used our National Trust membership to park for free at Fell Foot. The children let off some steam in the adventure playground for an hour:



Then we took the launch across the lake to Lakeside and the Aquarium:


We used our vouchers to see the Aquarium and the children won "gold' medals for an Olympic inspired quiz. My favourite bit was the lovely otters:



Then back across the water for the children to brave the rather chilly waters for a dip:


We warmed up with hot chocolate and cake in the tea room before a last play in the park. Must go back on a warmer day!


I will add linky later!

1 comment:

I love it when people leave a message