Thursday 23 August 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful: Wales edition ( #R2BC )

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

It is with great pleasure that I am hosting this week's Reasons to be Cheerful whilst Michelle has some well earned family time. Next week the host will be Angie so don't forget to go there! And now here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Family Holidays

I have had a lovely week away camping with my children and my parents at a campsite at Cim near Abersoch on the Lleyn Peninsula in north Wales. It was wonderful to be on a quiet little tucked away campsite with my family. Camping has to be the best way to spend a relaxing family holiday (apart from putting up and taking down the tent!). The campsite was about a 20 minute walk from a very quiet and beautiful beach:


2) My Children

They can be such a delight to be with when we are having a holiday together. Sharing the pleasures of new and exciting experiences with them really puts a smile on my face.



3) Welsh Family History

For the first time I got to visit the place (Trefriw) where my great grandfather Owen Evan Jones was born in 1875. Walking down the roads and seeing the church where he may have worshipped as a child was a wonderful feeling. Not enough time to try and find any of the homes he or his ancestors lived in but at least I have a feel for where he spent his early days:



So what is making you cheerful this week? Please join in!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely entry, and great pics! Thanks for sharing them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Julie hope they made you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some beautiful holidays, too on the Lleyn Peninsular when our children were little. I love your photos and understand how you felt when you went back to find your roots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful place to visit we will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beach looks wonderful. It's great seeing the kids having fun, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mini Mes generally get on well but I always find when we go camping and are back to basics they get on even better, it's lovely! Your photos are fantastic. I need to see the beach now! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like my kind of place. . Its lovely to get away with family, it really tightens of the bonds :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photographs, it looks like a really scenic part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message