Thursday 30 August 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful: End of Summer ( #R2BC )

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Thanks everyone who joined in when I hosted last week's linky this week the host is Angie so please go and check it all out over there! Back to my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Toys R Us Toyologists




My family have been picked as one of the 24 families to review Toys R Us toys and games in the run up to Christmas. You will be able to read our views here  on the blog, on the Toys R Us Toy Box and the Toys R Us UK Facebook page. We are looking forward to putting toys for 4-6 year olds through their paces so you can get a heads up before Christmas.

2) Girl Time

I don't often get time to spend alone with my daughter as her brother always seems to want to tag along! So it was fabulous to have a whole afternoon this Sunday just with her. It was a super girlie fest with lunch at Pizza Express, watching Brave at the cinema in 3D (whilst holding hands), listening to a live band at the Brewery before walking home. Being just the two of us was truly lovely:



3) Paralympics

The end of the Olympics left a bit of a gap and was a let down after all the excitement. My son is still aspiring to be the next Usain Bolt (or Jessica Ennis) so I hope that 2 more weeks of top sporting action will keep him going! The opening ceremony was incredible so let's hope the action lives up to that!

1 comment:

  1. Ah what a great list! Congrats on the toyologist thing too :) Looking forward to some girl time with my eldest too, she's been away and I've really missed her!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message