Thursday 23 February 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful XXXIV ( #R2BC )



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Been a mixed week so I need to raise myself back up and just focus on the positives and hope things stay that way...

1) Family party

My cousin's partner turned 30 and threw a charity cake sale as a birthday party. So we got to eat cake for a good cause whilst playing games and chatting. A great recipe for a fun family afternoon. Here is a selection of the cakes we had to choose from:





2) Beautiful scenery

Sunday was a gorgeous day (shame much of it spent at an indoor birthday party!). I did manage to find a few minutes to stop and take in this lovely view of Windermere with the mountains behind on the way home.


3) My children

It was parent consultation week at their school and it was a delight to hear how well my children are getting on. My 8 year old daughter was given a spelling age of 11.5 this week and it at or above all expected levels in her other key subjects. My 5 year old has come on so well with his writing and drawing at school. He now writes legible sentences with phonetically correct spelling. Apparently his is in the teacher's "top" group so a great start to his school career.

4) My fitness

Using My Fitness Pal has helped me to watch what I'm eating. Even though I've been too unwell to exercise since Sunday I still lost 0.5lb this week. Here's hoping that I can shake off my virus and use exercise to shake off the last 4lb I need to reach a 2 stone weight loss!



3 comments:

  1. Love all your reasons. Nothing like a cake sale of homemade stuff is there. The scenery is breathtaking wher you live you are so lucky! I'm so you are very proud of your children and rightly so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes all look very tempting...and you still managed to lose half a pound! Sounds like your children are doing amazingly well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake is always a reason to be happy!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message