Friday 15 October 2010

International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day


Today has been the International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day and is the 8th year it has been running with the following aims:

  • Promote October 15th as National Baby Loss Awareness Day within the UK. 
  • Promote the annual “Global Wave of Light” events and services where parents can acknowledge their losses. 
  • Promote awareness and understanding of the impact of pregnancy and baby loss among health and social care workers and the community at large.



People all over the world were encouraged to light a candle at 7 PM local time for one hour to remember those babies that were lost in pregnancy or soon after birth. I couldn't tell my kids why I lit a candle as they are too young to understand but this was for the baby Willoughby that wasn't destined to even make the first scan:




and for all the other babies that have been lost.

3 comments:

  1. Its hard when the children are too young to understand isnt it. J knew I was pregnant with the baby I lost and trying to explain the wheres the baby mummy? questions were so hard :( Bless our little angel babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. It's not something I talk about publicly, but more of us should to let other know they aren't the only one and unfortunately there are a lot more of us than you'd think.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message