Monday 11 October 2010

Desert Island Discs [Meme]

As I haven't done a meme for a while when Him Up North was asking for victims volunteers to be tagged on his post I stepped up to the plate. Since then I've been wondering what I've let myself in for! Sounds simple enough:


choose 8 tracks that you would have when stuck on a desert island 


then you realise that it's only 8 tracks and what would you really like to be stuck listening to for potentially years....


OK then let's start with something to sing along to:


1) Shania Twain - Man I Feel Like a Woman





Then something to restore my spirits:


2) Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer







Then something to chill to:


3) Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, 3rd Movement








A tune when I need to have a laugh:


4) Wurzels - Combine Harvester








When I need to feel young again:


5) Duran Duran - Rio


Next a tune to fantasise too:


6) Robbie Williams - Angels


I have to include a tune that might make me cry:


7) The Soldiers - Coming Home






Hummm what shall I take as my 8th choice... do I want to sing, dance or chill?


8) George MIchael - Faith




I couldn't get any willing volunteers so if you want to have a go please feel free or just add a comment with your choice for a desert island!


PS apologies for overlapping and layout but those YouTube videos are a nightmare ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Nice choices and lots of different types of music! Thanks for taking part :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Something to sing along to:
    Eye in the sky - The Alan Parsons Project

    2) Something to restore my spirits:
    We all need some light - Transatlantic

    3) Something to chill to: Suicide Underground - Air

    4) A tune when I need to have a laugh:
    Lullaby (The divorce song) - Stephen Lynch

    5) When I need to feel young again: Take On Me - A-ha

    6) A tune to fantasise to: Flash - Queen (actually I couldn't think of anything for this, so i went for something generically inspirational)

    7) A tune that might make me cry: Disappear - Dream Theater

    8) One for good luck: The Heart Asks Pleasure First/The Promise - Michael Nyman

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good mix Steve! Thanks for adding them

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message