Saturday 29 March 2014

Kendal Festival of Food 2014

Its hard to believe its a year since we were last at this festival. Kendal certainly knows how to run a Food Festival and this year it seems to be even bigger and better than in 2013. It was a bonus that this year it was ever so much warmer than last year and we mostly had blue sky:


Kendal Town Hall
Kendal Town Hall

There were plenty of tempting stalls once again offering tastings as well as selling yummy locally produced goodies:


Cake stall
Cake stall

I am really hoping that having strawberries and grapes with my chocolate made it less unhealthy:

Strawberries and chocolate fountain

I did also sample a yummy pork pie but my photograph was terrible! The children loved seeing the farm animals that were there to show where the food all came from:


Girl holding tiny chicken
My daughter holding tiny chicken

Sheep with two lambs
Sheep with two lambs

The lambs were bigger than the ones my daughter held last year so we didn't ask for a cuddle this time!

We had a quick trip to the Brewery for my parents and I to taste a beer at the Beer festival before going to see Just So Stories at the theatre. We all really enjoyed the performance:



Then it was back up the road to more food festival fun. We even found time to nip in to Colin Reynolds (one of my photography course tutors) new photograph shop. Very inspirational to see all his work!

We bought the children their wrist bands for the children's food festival for tomorrow before heading to the Birdcage in time to catch Not Only 4 Boys theatre group (who happen to all be students at the school I work at!): 

Not Only 4 Boys Theatre Group
Not Only 4 Boys Theatre Group

Of course my daughter managed to get in on the action:

Helping make the stage recipe
Helping make the stage recipe

Because I know the cast she got to pose afterwards with the main character from the show too:

Posing with Claude Peppe
Posing with Claude Peppe

By now my purse was empty and my legs were tired so we headed home. Back tomorrow to see what there is especially for children in the Family Festival Village - just wish we hadn't missed CBBC’s Gastronaut Stefan Gates as he was only on today when we were at the theatre.. oh well!

15 comments:

  1. It's so great to see signs of Spring isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the gorgeous daffodils, and that jetty walk looks picturesque. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous - isn't it funny, I was actually thinking of heading up to Brockholes this afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love the photos - especially the ones from the jetty and cafe, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina Marriott4 April 2014 at 21:43

    Looks lovely and glad you both had a great day out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a lovely place to wander around

    ReplyDelete
  7. now is that Brockhole or Brockholes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so glad you posted this as I've been meaning to take the kids here for a while. I've heard such great things about it and it looks perfect! An Easter visit is in order I think
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie O'Connor9 April 2014 at 18:24

    What fabulous photos - i wish I loved nearby! I have pinned your daffodils to my Happy Pinterest board

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great day out. I have heard of this place and think it may be fairly close to us. Lovely pictures xx
    Model Mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. chantelle hazelden14 April 2014 at 12:26

    great place to explore such beautiful scenery #bloggingmumscarnival

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message