Friday 24 September 2010

Harvest Festival

I love this time of year with all the traditions of Harvest Festival and giving thanks for the food we have and sharing it with others.


My daughter's school had their service in the adjacent church today. There was something extra special about being in a church from 1865 with a school that was founded in 1755! Presumably the children from the original school would have celebrated harvest time in the original church.


one of the church windows
The whole school took part from the tiny Reception children up to relatively big year 6's. This led to a range of reaction from the congregation of parents, grandparent and siblings of applause to "how cute". Plenty of cakes both homemade and shop bought were donated as an offering from the families. After the service these were sold to the visitors along with coffee in aid of charity.


On the way home I glimpsed a fabulous rainbow in my rear view mirror which encompassed the whole village. Luckily I found somewhere close by to stop and take some photographs.




A symbol of hope and the change of season with sun and rain together.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day.

    Those photo's are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore stained glass windows. Sounds like you have had a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message