Thursday 4 February 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel..

.. is sometimes getting nearer and sometimes getting further away..

This end of marriage business is a major roller coaster. You get highs when you get lots of love & support from family & friends especially the "love you's" from my kids.

Then you get the downs:

  • wondering where the kids and I will be living by the end of the year
  • how I can be mum & dad to my kids as they struggle through it all
  • will my kids get used to having to share 1 parent  between them
  • I miss having a manly hug
  • I would love to occasionally have a chance to get out without arranging a babysitter!
OK enough of the whinge and I'm sure it will get better but sometimes I need to vent!

3 comments:

  1. we all need to whinge...I do it all the time. Anyway, I wouldn't call your list anything other than natural. You deserve to know the answers to the questions and you deserve to get out once in a while, easily. I know exactly how you feel. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vent away - I do it all the time! Only time travel will really answer your questions but from what I've read on your blog, you'll do everything you can to make your children's lives good ones. I know everyone's stories are different but, whilst I think it definitely shaped me, I don't think of my parent's divorcing had a negative impact at all and me and my sister were exactly the ages of your two. Good luck with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an eloquent vent. My parents split up and I look back now and can see what a strong and amazing woman my mum is. Your kids will of course go through ups and downs but they will understand in time why things are like this. And they will see how strong you are being.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message