Tuesday 16 February 2010

Recipe for a great long weekend away...

Start with both my kids packing their own bags the night before (even if it turns out E hasn't packed enough underwear!). Then they are both up without fuss at 6 AM and all in the car ready to go by 7...


A stress free drive aided by: good weather, in car DVD for kids, no traffic, plenty of snacks, a gorgeous step daughter keeping the peace from 1/3 way there, only 2 service station stops and only 6.5 hours driving time....


My lovely welcoming parents who my kids adore and who spoil all of us. Drinks with my favourite aunt & uncle. Coffee with my 97 year old granny. Lots of time with my brother, sister-in-law & nephew. Watching the cousins getting to know each other and play together. Seeing the light in my bed ridden grandad's face when his great grandchildren ran in the room. My granny's enjoyment of my brother playing with his son & my daughter with accompanying giggles. Catching up with an old school friend on way home...


When can I do it again? Once I've recovered from all the driving of course!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the catching up replenished your energy for the drive home.....such a long way though. Did you make any decisions? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. the reaction of all my family in the area to my possible move up there has made it a 100% certain thing (Subject to finding somewhere suitable!)

    Going to have a chilling day tomorrow to recover from the drive home :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message