Thursday 4 February 2016

Reasons to be Cheerful: Good riddance January! #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful

The lovely Ojo's World has handed back the reins for the blog hop for February so I hope I can stay organised enough to be ready (writing this at 11 PM!). The month of January was not a particularly fantastic one for my family so I am so looking forward to a new month which has to be better... Here are the reasons I am cheerful this week:

1) Snowdrops

Its always such a delight when these delicate little beauties appear:


2) A successful Dry January

My now annual month of abstinence from alcohol has been successfully completed despite many days that were extremely stressful! As a late breaking update (a donation came in as I was typing!) I have raised £13 for Alcohol Concern. Hopefully this will all help people who can't give up alcohol for whatever reason:




3) Pot of savings 



I thought I would see how my little pot of savings has come on since I started it on January the 1st. The combined totals of the pennies for the days plus exercise money has already reached nearly £20! Now my running mileage is increasing I am going to have a sliding scale for my runs. It will get expensive when I pass the 10k and 15k barriers whilst training... Hoping that by December 31st there will be a nice little nest egg:




4) Tweet of the week

Having been acknowledged by David Baddiel on twitter last week I was even more excited when one of my favourite authors tweeted this about my review of his latest book:




Why are you smiling this week? Please link your posts and grab the badge...


Reasons to be Cheerful 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message