Saturday 27 February 2016

#CountryKids at Cunswick Scar Fell Race

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

It is a good job that fell runners are hardy souls as the weather conditions for races in winter are pretty miserable at lot of the time! Last Sunday we had strong winds and rain as my son and I arrived to check out the course for his latest race:


Cunswick Scar runs along between Kendal and the A591 and is partially covered by the golf club. However the route the under 12s took was mostly on the farmland lower down:


Even walking the route was hard going due to the wind and mud but the route itself wasn't too tough. They did all have to cross a stile twice at the top of the run which apparently caused queues. I was quite glad I had decided not to do the senior race:




Despite the conditions there were 59 starters for the under 12s race. It may have been something to do with the fact that it was one of Ambleside's championship races:


They all streamed up the track before hitting the more muddy field. After taking this I dashed up the hill to capture them as they came back down:



The runners from Helm Hill all did well and I captured the first 7 of them before dashing to the finish line:



Cold, wet, muddy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message