Saturday 13 February 2016

#CountryKids Out and About in Kendal

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

My son and I took the long slow route into town today starting with a trip up and down the canal bridge:



Following the route of the old Lancaster Canal makes for a safe and peaceful route. It is popular with walkers, runners and cyclists although today it was pretty quiet:


There is a lovely little wooded area at the end of the path and my son spotted one of the resident squirrels on one of the trees. Can you find it?



Of course being a boy just walking was boring so instead he slid:


and ran:


We spent quite some time watching three massive excavators which are dredging the river for the Environment Agency. They were very impressive to watch and great fodder for my camera.


Whilst doing our errands we were entertained by this chap on his accordion:


We met a few dogs on the walk but the only one my son was interested in was this adorable dachshund puppy. After being knocked over as toddler by a jumping dog he has never been too keen on them. So seeing him wanting to reach out and pet a dog made me smile (only thing is he now wants one!): 


When we got to the playground it was completely empty so my son had a whale of time not having to share the equipment:





Of course the only person to play with was me so I let him spin me around on the roundabout until it made me feel sick!!


I recovered by admiring the castle through the trees:


He is so much more fearless these days and had lots of fun swinging upside down on the netting:


Having the park to ourselves meant a chance for him to encourage my experimental photography going up the slide:


Then we walked back home along the river to get home:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message