When I was first given my iPad it came with a protective case and stand. Unfortunately this case fell apart when the silicon edge became unattached from the rigid back. This left me with a very vulnerable iPad... So when I was offered a chance to review the Slick Grip 5-in-1 tablet case I immediately said Yes.
Unfortunately before it arrived there was an accident and the iPad slipped from my son's hands and smashed:
So off it went to be mended which cost me £45... ouch..
Luckily the day it was fixed the Slick Grip arrived:
At £29.99 this would have been cheaper than the repair job! The silicon case's Shockproof grip is easy to hold for my son (I'm not risking testing the dropping...):
We also loved the Amplify feature which made watching movies and TV a much better experience:
A great feature for me is that the iPad can now stand upright on its own. This means that when I am doing the washing up it fits on the window sill and I can watch a TV programme. It is very stable and I was never worried that it was going to topple over into the sink..
If you flip the iPad round then the case angles perfectly for typing. In fact I was going to write this review on it but my son has stolen the iPad to play a game on....
- Tough silicone case for iPad 2/3/4, iPad Mini, Kindle Fire HD 7″ and Kindle Fire HD 8.9″
- Built-in ‘VIBE Sound Booster’ amplifier, requires no batteries.
- All ports, buttons, sensors and cameras remain accessible.
- Stand tablet in landscape orientation, perfect for watching video.
- Non-slip, high quality silicone case feels great in hand.
- Provides an ideal angle for typing, surfing and working.
- Air filled pockets for enhanced protection against shocks and drops.
We are loving this case and the only thing I am not sure about is when you have to use apps that work in vertical mode only. That's when the grips get a bit annoying. However I think this is an excellent way to protect your device especially if you let your children use it.