Thursday 30 January 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful week 5 - 2014 #R2BC


This is my last week as host for a month as I will be handing over the reins to Jo at Ojosworld for February. I know the blog hop will be in safe hands! For me it's been a rollercoaster week so I need to shout about the positives:

1) Friends and family

When things aren't so good it's wonderful to know that I have such a lovely and supportive family and friends. Whether its for advice or practical support there is always someone there to come to my rescue!

2) Proud mummy


My son came home with a headteacher's award for maths. He had spent ages mentally doubling numbers well into 4 digits when only in year 2. A proper little mathemagician.
Big sister has also moved up a level in maths as she needed harder work. I used to love maths at primary school so glad they do too.

3) Operation House

Not managed a lot this week but my daughter helped to sort out the front room a bit. Also reclaimed floor space in my bedroom and the kitchen. We will get there in the end!
4) Girl time

My daughter and I got to spend a huge chunk of the weekend without her little brother. He went on his first sleepover (a great success!) so we had a girlie Saturday night. It was a lovely simple evening snuggled on the sofa watching girlie movies: Three Muskeeters, Jane Eyre and Les Miserables. Apparently it was her best Saturday night ever!


Why are you smiling this week?


Reasons to be Cheerful

8 comments:

  1. Very impressed with your little boys Maths award. Clever boy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I live in a houseful of smelly boys!!! I want a girlie fim night.
    On a side note, that is a STUNNING picture of your daughter, that would be on my wall xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Jo said, only stinky boys here too! Well done to the kids on their achievements. What a lovely thing for your daughter to say after your girlie night, bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely reasons and absolutely fab photos x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message