Thursday 3 October 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 31 It's October #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

I can't believe it's October already! This is always a great month as 2 of us have birthdays and there is half term to look forward to. It's also well and truly autumn which is my favourite season. Here are just a few of my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Family Fun

We had such a fabulous time at Whinlatter on Saturday on a perfect autumn day in Cumbria. So looking forward to more visits up there over the next couple of months:


2) My boy

Sometimes he drives me round the bend then writes soppy things like this:


and he was even able to help with the washing up now he reach the sink properly (just don't tell him I had to re-wash some of it!):



Pleased to report he got 91/100 out of his second set of 100 words that he needs to know before the end of this school year!

3) Relaxing Sunday

After church and lunch on Sunday we got the bikes out of the shed and headed across town to the park. More about this in a future post but meanwhile here is my big girl demonstrating her pedalling skills:



And my reward was to sit in the sun with a book and a coffee:



In fact several friends appeared in the park so it was nice to sit and chat!

4) Girl time

Whilst my son was at Beavers I retired to the pub with my daughter and another mum. It's lovely to be able to spend time doing big girl things like Cribbage:



She is doing well at school as well this term so no worries on that front either!

5) Shredtober

Well 3 days under my belt and its not really getting easier yet! Pleased to be able keeping it up - just 25 more days to go:



I also went running for first time since my cold struck, not fastest ever but more consistent!

6) Operation House

Been a bit busy this week so not much done but we have sold a surplus chest of drawers from my daughter's room! It looks so much bigger in there now. Just need to sell the existing wardrobe and bunks so that she can get a more useful mid or high sleeper..

I did manage to donate 2 bags of clothes to the North West Air Ambulance and 1 of books to the British Heart Foundation so its small steps... Hoping I can get more done over the next week...


5 comments:

  1. Nicola - The Road Outside3 October 2013 at 20:13

    Wow, so much going on - you really are an active family! There seems to be a lot of house sorting going on at the moment in the blogs... Good luck with yours. I've stalled a little in mine, but hoping to get some motivation next week before my MIL comes to stay - if I don't I know she'll help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its never ending here! good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy you. Good luck with keeping up the shred, lots of respect. Sorry I did not stop by last weekend, Miss M ended up breaking her elbow so we spent my blogging time at A&E! Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message