- finishing their world class medical research centre
- launching a new Targeting Seizures campaign to help people with epilepsy achieve the best seizure control possible.
When I was at High School one of my best friends was diagnosed with epilepsy and this was my first real exposure to the condition. Luckily she has not had problems since becoming an adult but for many others are not so fortunate and they need on going support from the Society for the rest of their lives.
So what can we do to help with this fund raising target? Well they sent me a few suggestions:
- apply for one of their guaranteed places on a half or full marathon including Bath, Brighton, Edinburgh, the Great North Run and Great South Run
- sell 120 cakes, raffle 120 items or cycle 120 miles (you get the idea if not look here!)
- help find 120 new locations for a collection tin or even have a home collection box
- join their 120 skydiving team on May 20th by raising £395 in sponsorship
- hold a Purple Day at school/work
- buy some purple merchandise from their online shop
- become an online member of the society
What ever you do it will all help to make a difference to people's lives.