Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Gallery: T is for Trees at Grizedale


An open ended prompt from Tara this week with the letter 'T'! Gives me a chance to share some of the great trees we saw at Grizedale Forest this half term. This is a Forestry Commission forest in southern Cumbria. There were plenty of different kinds of trees to see and even a trail of trees from around the world to search for. These were some of my favourites:

Clockwork Trees:


These are part of a new art installation and when you turn the keys music plays from a hidden music box.



There were trees growing large fungi:


Silver birch trees with very leaves amongst still green pine trees:


Trees turned into interesting sculptures lurking all along the footpaths:


And one of my children's favourite parts was the adventure playground made out of trees (which was next to the yummy if expensive cafe!):


All in all a fab family day out if you love trees and all things tree related!

This post is an entry into the Tots100 Best Western School Holiday competition.”

7 comments:

  1. Oh this place looks lovely. That music box tree is such a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks fabulous! Clockwork trees and time! Two T's x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to go there again and take my kiddies - I went there on my honeymoon 7 years ago. The clockwork trees look great!x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a delightful place to visit! I love the musical trees in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Love the clockwork tree! Looks like a fab day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical place... what a fantastic day out. Brilliant photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message