Friday 4 November 2011

Flashback Friday: 5 years on

On this day 5 years ago I was trying to make myself comfortable in the Maternity Unit at the Conquest Hospital in Hastings. I was nearly 10 days overdue and was booked in to be induced in the morning. My previous pregnancy 3 years previously had resulted in an emergency C-section so the doctors didn't want a repeat.


The next morning I went to see the doctor to have everything kicked off but was told after an examination that it wasn't possible to induce me as the baby wasn't in a good position. So they were sending me home and booking me in for a C-section on the Monday morning. So I had another 2 days of feeling like a beached whale before I came back early on the Monday morning. 


I was 4th or 5th on the list of planned C-sections so had to wait until late in the morning for my turn in the operating theatre. It was all so much more relaxed than the emergency one I'd previously had. Things seemed to go pretty quickly and it wasn't long before the doctors were holding my baby and handing him to me. My little bundle of joy weighed in at dead on 10lb and was the largest baby for ages in the maternity unit (plenty of staff wanted a cuddle!).


He seemed totally unfazed by all the attention:




And about 2 hours after he was born he met one of his great grannies:



This Monday he is turning 5 and settling in to life as a school boy and tonight moved into a bedroom of his own instead of sharing with his big sister. Hard to imagine what he was like back in 2006 when I look at him now!

1 comment:

  1. 10lbs! Lucky you had that C-section. Lovely photo of baby and Great-Granny. And I hope he enjopys his new bedroom - I know big sister will :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message