Thursday 26 May 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XI (#R2BC)


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

All this rain and wind could really get a person down as it is miserable and just gets in the way of all sorts of things... but I am still finding plenty to be upbeat and positive about.

1) Freebies and good service

I had cause to send my nearly new MacBook power supply back to Apple for replacement as it was faulty. Due a combination of misunderstandings and Apple mistakes I was billed the cost of a replacement. A long phone conversation on Monday ensued to resolve the issue. The very nice Shaun from KTD Computers verified to Apple that I had only bought the replacement in January so I was refunded and offered compensation. On Tuesday I took delivery of a shiny new iPod Shuffle as an apology! It really does pay to politely complain about something...


2) My kids behaviour

Never underestimate the power of a sticker chart! My kids are getting better at going to bed nicely, getting dressed in the morning and doing chores etc thanks to a new sticker chart. Pocket money will now be based on the number of stickers they each "earn" and not just given on a monthly basis. It will be interesting to see their reactions when they actually see how much they get...


3) Family fun

Yesterday we all had a fab time at my son's nursery BBQ. It was the only day for a week it didn't rain (small miracle!) and there was a huge turn out of children with their parents, grandparents and siblings. The chair of governors had organised a walking treasure trail which took us on a tour of the local area including Serpentine Woods to answer the questions. My kids worked together as a good team most of the time! Then it was back to the nursery for burgers and sausages from Plumgarths - delicious. Great to have a nice relaxing time with my kids.



5 comments:

  1. I am jealous at the thought of a shiny new apple product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must do a sticker chart! Your bbq sounds lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely week all in all. The treasure trail sounds great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you on assertiveness, finding the positive in a rainy week and parenting with such aplomb. Here's to all things sticker!
    Glad the nusery bash was fun.
    My reasons are over on my new blog at http://celebratingmums.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love sticker charts here, they make such a massive difference. Hope the weekend is being kidn to you.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message