Friday 21 January 2011

Fitness Friday - week 4



This week always had the potential to be a big let down after last week's big loss. When I was diagnosed with an ear infection on Monday it put a stop to my fitness plan so I wasn't expecting a decent drop. So I was very pleased to be told I had dropped another 2.5 lbs this week. That makes 8 lb over the last fortnight and 16 lb in total since I started at Rosemary Conley in October. I even got another certificate to celebrate this milestone. 

How I did it:

Diet
This week I moved onto the Rosemary Conley Solo Slim plan having got a 28 day supply. There are a large number of boxes in my cupboard! This first week I was still on 1,200 calories a day with a breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 power snacks to choose from. Each day I am having a different combination to which I add vegetables, fruit, yoghurt, bread and milk. The soups are very tasty and filling and the dinners may not be huge but with extra vegetables are plenty enough to stop me feeling hungry. As long as you remember to space the parts of the plan out well and eat the power snacks in between it's enough for the day.

Fitness
My week started with me upping to the Intense level on Wii Just Dance 2. Instead of a 15-20 minute workout this required 30-40 minutes. I did this on both Saturday and Sunday but decided to reduce back to Tough level due to lack of time. Having found a remote control for the DVD player on Friday I was able to select the toning section from a Rosemary Conley DVD to compliment the aerobic exercise. On Monday I was lucky to have won a free 1 hour session with a personal trainer at L.I.F.E. at Troutbeck. This should have set me up nicely for another few days of great exercise but having been diagnosed with a perforated membrane in my ear and given antibiotics all exercise ceased. At my class I just managed to do the level 1 routine which didn't even make me get hot or breathe heavily!

Plans for week ahead

Diet
I am moving on to the next week of Solo Slim. As I have had 2 weeks at 1,200 calories I am supposed to move up to 1,400. This is with the addition of two 100 calorie treats, they recommend a small amount of alcohol for one and something like a small chocolate bar for the other. As I am still on the Twitter #noalcoholJanuary I will find ways to increase the calorie count without a glass of wine! An extra slice of toast or bread at breakfast may be the way forward.

Fitness
I am really hoping that my ear problem sorts itself out so that I can get properly exercising again. Hopefully if nothing else I can do some toning and maybe yoga (if I get the Wii Balance board to work). This week I have missed the activity levels I was doing last week and want to get back to doing them as soon as possible.

6 comments:

  1. Big congrats. Good for you. You must feel fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. energy levels coming back! just need to shake off ear infection and get back on the exercise programme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow well done! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done you!! your doing so well, i have never looked into this diet but if mine does not work out I may switch to this
    Adele xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adele the Rosemary Conley is good as its a long term plan you can use to maintain as well as lose. Did 3 months of Lighter Life lost 5.5 stone but didn't retrain to healthy eating...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your ear infection gets better soon!

    Enjoy those extra calories! Does your diet let focus purely on calories or are you supposed to aim for certain foods? I can think of some great treats in the 100 - 200 calorie range that are filling but taste great :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message