Monday 20 April 2020

Tiling done and a local hike - Day 32

Having discovered the Green Screen effect on TikTok I had a go at being Moana before breakfast:



@lakessinglemum Moana ##moana ##howfarillgo ##mumsoftiktok ##over40 ##fyp
♬ How Far I'll Go - From "Moana" - Heartfire

Once I had eaten it was time to tackle the last of the tiling around the loo. Its so hard (without a proper measuring tool) to accurately cut the tiles. Any how it looks a lot better than the old lino:


My reward was a penalty shoot out with Jason, have to admit I actually missed the goal on my first shot:


With my lunch I whipped up some cream to make my scones a little bit more interesting:


My son wanted to find some alternative running routes (less busy ones) so we walked across town and up Scout Scar. There were a few motivational stones on the way to the mushroom:


The views on the top stretch to Morecambe Bay and the Lakeland Fells. All places that are currently to be looked at from distance and not visited:


We then dropped down and back up on to Cunswick Scar. There were more messages on the cairn at the top:


We didn't stay too long admiring the views as the wind was rather strong:


We finished our walk by dropping back down to the bypass and then up and over Kendal Fell and Kendal golf club:


We are so lucky to live so close to such beautiful countryside that we can just walk to from our front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message