Thursday 19 July 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Be More Wit Wit Woo #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

The blogging community is currently reeling from the sudden and unexpected death of one of the most optimistic and vivacious members Kate Sutton. Back in the early days of Twitter when I was a newly single parent she kept me sane with conversations online. She was an inspiration for me to embrace life and not care what anyone else might think! Rest in peace Kate.

Here are my reasons to be cheerful which I am sure she would have appreciated:

1) Insects

Its wonderful to see busy bees and butterflies making the most of the flower bonanza brought on by the unusually warm weather:


I am glad to have done my bit for them with the wild flowers in my front garden:


2) Clearing Out

We did another car boot sale on Sunday and got rid of some more bits and made a few more pounds for the holiday kitty! It was also a good social occasion:


3) A Trip Down Memory Lane

I went through lots of boxes in the garage for the car boot and found loads of treasures. This included the children's christening gifts, some missing Denby and this rather bizarre guinea pig I made in art at high school:



4) Back in the Saddle

About 5 years ago my son had a nasty bike accident and has refused to ride again. Whilst I was cleaning his bike up to sell he decided to try sitting on it, then riding on it, then taking it out for a spin:


I cried happy tears! He is now practising on my mum's bike whilst we source a right sized bike for him. Hoping for some cycling adventures now over the summer holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message