Friday 6 July 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Family Fun #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

A slightly belated reasons to be cheerful so its just as well its Michelle being host this month! Its just been such a full on week that I hadn't had time to blog really. Any way here are some of the things that have made us smile and kept me busy:

1) Summer Fete

For once I made it to the school fete, for some reason my son's school always does them straight after school. Not only that but I was early enough to actually win on the bottle stall. Not a bad haul for £2:


My son had fun on the water bomb throwing game and eating cakes!

2) Fell Race

On the final race of the junior championship my son had his best finish yet beating people who have beaten him in all the other races. Not sure on his final finish position yet but hopefully close to the middle of the table.


3) Langdale Gala
We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon at this traditional Cumbrian gala in Chapel Stile:


There will be a full blog post about this as there was just such a lot happening!

4) Open Water Swimming

My daughter and I headed up to Rydal Water to see if Open Water swimming would lift our moods. It certainly did and with water temperatures around 20C it was hard to get us out of the water:


5) Roses

My garden is surviving the current heat wave and drought with flowers bursting out all over. This is especially true of my roses:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message