Thursday 14 June 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Cumbrian Edition #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

I am writing this on the coldest day we have had for weeks in Cumbria! A brief hiatus in our hot spell that seems to have lasted for ages... Hoping that the warm weather has made many more reasons to be cheerful and that lots of you will join in this week... Here are my Cumbrian reasons to be cheerful:

1) Proud Mum

My son did his last school fun run as he is in year 6. Luckily I was there to support the event and could capture him on his way to 20 laps which equated to 10 km in 1 hour!


2) Keswick Mountain Festival

I got to spend my weekend soaking up the festival whilst volunteering in this stunning setting. Two blogposts about it already with more to come!


3) Record Breakers

Whilst in Keswick I was able to witness and record teams from Helm Hill completing the Billy Bland challenge of running the Bob Graham round in a pairs relay. Both the men's and mixed teams beat the existing records and the ladies weren't too far off:


4) Close encounters of the feathered kind

This robin joined me for lunch at the Old Dungeon Ghyll on Monday whilst I waited for my son to finish his school camping trip:



5) Helm Hill Race Night

We were up on the Helm for the club's annual closed fell race. Members from age 6 to senior ran different races around the hill. I was up on the trig point to marshal and video the race. My son seemed to run his best race for a long time so I was so proud of him. Here are the lead seniors heading to the trig for the second time: 



get the InLinkz code

20 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a bit cold and rainy here today as well, hope the sun comes back soon.

    Great reasons for cheerfulness as ever, and loving seeing all your pics of the lovely landscapes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of the robin is absolutely stunning. You should enter it into a competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful views of Cumbria as always, well done to your son and I second what MLSM says about the Robin photo - a photo like that is so hard to right, but yours is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to those of you who faced your fears. I'm not a fan of heights myself. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  5. GReat to see the kids out running and what a beautiful place to run about in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. son's sport day this week so hope it brightens up

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I am scared of heights but am fine in these big wheels - well done for giving it a go. The engineering is amazing isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great to have a junior 5k - we only ever come across 1 mile ones and it isn't far enough for our boys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coombe Mill (Fiona)20 June 2018 at 09:27

    Oh that wheel was a must and wow to the wonderful views on your video. that beach really does stretch on for miles. If I was there I'd have to have a go on the wheel too, I hope it is doing OK as you say you were the only ones on there, they can't make much money. Lovely looking ice creams after, I bet this stop will go down as a holiday highlight.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coombe Mill (Fiona)20 June 2018 at 09:35

    5k is such a lovely distance and this one doesn't look 'too' hilly despite the title which is a change around you! Great to see them running in the summer weather instead of the harsh winter conditions, I want to join them this time!

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a good spot for watching and what a beautiful location for a run. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its pre season so I am sure its full in July and August!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yup me too! bit like the roller coasters in your post...

    ReplyDelete
  14. think I do it to prove to my kids its fine! my son was scared too bless him

    ReplyDelete
  15. the 5k was fairly flat - 10 km was more interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  16. up here plenty options for kids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message