Thursday 21 June 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Blooming Lovely #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

A slightly later than normal Reasons to be Cheerful but at least its on the right day! Plenty of reasons for me to be cheerful and I hope that you have plenty to join in with too. Please link in and share the linky love.

1) Going greener

I am trying to be more eco friendly so I have bought some Soap Nut Shells for the laundry. They definitely take the smell out of our clothes and they seem to be clean. So that's one little bit to reduce my plastic usage and the amount of chemicals I put into the environment:


2) Blooming lovely

My roses are at their peak at the moment and looking stunning:


Having family help to trim the hedge and give the grass a proper cutting has improved the rest of the garden too:


3) Lunch with my girl


My daughter now has a job at a local ice cream parlour and at the weekend I went up during her lunch break to sample the yummy goodies:



4) Proud mum

At the weekend we were at Quernmore Sports and my son won money in the races and wrestling. He has now moved up 16 places in the FRA Juniors fell running championships too:




5) Trains on the line

Our local trains have been on bus replacement due to the ineptitude of Northern. The local MP Tim Farron has managed to arrange a free replacement with this wonderful vintage diesel whilst the modern trains are off the track. A boost for train spotters:





get the InLinkz code

14 comments:

  1. Well done to your son once again and gorgeous photos of your roses and the ice cream. Also I love that engine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Its on the line for the rest of the month - must get a ride :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reasons as ever. Lovely to see trains on the lines, my friends have been having complete nightmares trying to get to and from work

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a disgrace on part of Northern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend lives in Carnforth and works in Lancaster and she went through a couple of weeks of constant cancellations for no apparent reason.

    Another friend only discovered that some trains no longer stop at Manchester Oxford Road when she was actually on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden's looking good and I love your roses. I'd be interested to hear more about the laundry nuts - I've never heard of them before. Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love reading about and watching all these active kids, great for them all to be outdoors so much. Exhausts me just reading though! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the old train, a good job by your mp. I've posted flowers this week too and yours are beautiful. You are very lucky your daughter works there that looks yummy best of luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coombe Mill (Fiona)23 June 2018 at 23:57

    The effort on the kids faces is amazing, they really do put their all into the running. I'm glad the rain didn't detract too much. I love all the fun events after. Tug of war is always a favourite of mine - even if I'm pretty hopeless at it! Well done your son on his £2 win.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elaine Livingstone24 June 2018 at 15:39

    sounds like a very different day and not sure which is worse - the wet and mud or the scorching heat we have had lately.
    Well done on their wins and I suppose he had to meet his match against the bigger boys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like the sun did come out in the end and it sounds like the kids all did well in spite of all the rain. Well done to your son on doing well with the wrestling and tug of war. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  12. I helped my side win at the tug of war - being over weight helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it about 25 C with an odd cloud!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message