Thursday 20 July 2017

Reasons to be Cheerful: Schools Out For Summer #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

We have had a pretty rubbish last half term as a family so I am so glad to be coming up for air now that the school holidays are here! Coming to the end of my NQT year made the light at the end of the tunnel turn back on... Here are my end of school year reasons to be cheerful:

1) Run on Scout Scar

My son and I joined his club for an extra training run up Scout Scar. It may have been drizzly but we had a lot of fun on a hilly run in a beautiful spot:


2) Blooming lovely

My roses are really coming into their own now and looking glorious:


3) Family Fun

We are so lucky having close family living nearby who invite us around for Sunday lunch and then accompany us on country walks with hide & seek, ssh he can't see me!


4) Growing Up Fast

My son has just completed year 5 at primary school and next year is his last one before going to secondary. This year they didn't make him stand on the bench for the class photo as he was tall enough not to need it to be on the back row:


5) NQT completed

My final paperwork has been sent in for my NQT year so that I am now a 'proper' teacher! Unfortunately I was only at the school for this year and its too far to travel so I have now departed. I was given plenty of hugs, cards and memories from the children, staff and parents to remember my first ever class. I have promised to try to get back for their year 6 leavers' assembly in 5 years time...


So glad to be back to the linky and all its happiness!


4 comments:

  1. Hello, welcome back! Have a well deserved rest now for you and all your family. Be very proud of your great NQT year and your fabulous weight loss and increased fitness over the past few months. Have a wonderful summer. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on becoming a 'proper' teacher, and I hope you find a wonderful new school for September. Once again your photos are a feast for the eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay, massive well done on finishing off your NQT year and I truly hope the tougher times of late are coming to a close. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message