Thursday 18 August 2016

Reasons to be Cheerful: 122 reasons! #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful

Thanks to everyone who joined in last week, hopefully more people will link in this week as I am sure the sunshine will make us all happier! Don't worry I haven't really got 122 reasons this week phew but the reason for the title will eventually become clear... Here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Hobbit in Williamson Park

A group of 10 of us from the extended family went to Williamson Park in Lancaster to watch the Dukes' Lancaster production of the Hobbit. An amazing production (more to follow in a later blog post!) but the most exciting part was my daughter successfully volunteering to take care of the key to Erebor whilst the play moved through the park:


2) Home organisation

Its lots of little steps in my challenge to get the house better organised before I go back to work in September. I picked up this Ikea shower caddy with my lottery winnings (a whole £5!) and its making our bathroom a lot tidier:



3) Time together

The advantage of working in school is that I get most of the holidays off with my children. We have also had time with extended family who are up visiting. Certainly a reason for us all to smile:


4) Garden progress

A big crew in the garden today to start clearing out the inherited rubble from the back corner. Still some work to do but hopefully we can move the compost bins to a further back spot and maybe move the guinea pigs to a more shady part of the garden.



5) Hadrian's Wall

The reason for the 122 - do you know why? For the first time in my memory I walked a section of Hadrian's Wall. This will be post in its own right but meanwhile here is my favourite photo from our walk:


Hadrian's Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message