Thursday 30 June 2016

Reasons to be Cheerful: Roses and Guinea Pigs #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful

This is my last week hosting until August as the original hostess with the mostest Michelle is back in charge next month. It has been lovely to read and share all your posts in June and I hope you spread the word! Here are my reasons this week:

1) Exploring Kendal

I love all the little ginnels and yards that run off the main roads in the centre of Kendal. They are a fascinating peek into the history of the town. This one is Angel Yard:


The plaque on the wall reads:

Angel Yard is all that is left of the Angel Inn which stood on this site until the 1980s. Once one of Kendal's oldest hostelries, its premises, brewhouse, stabling and outbuildings ran behind Lowther Street, an area now occupied by outh Lakeland District Council's offices and car park. The Angel Inn is said to have taken its name from 1745 when Bonnie Prince Charlie's troops passed through the town. Some soldiers broke into the Inn and the occupants fled, leaving behind a little child. On seeing an angel standing beside the child brandishing a drawn sword the soldiers ran away in fear of divine punishment

2) Furry Family

My daughter has two guinea pigs and often when I go out in the garden they come to the front of their hutch and try to get my attention:



3) Roses

So many glorious roses in my own garden and further afield:



4) Proud Mum

I have lots of proud mum moments to make me cheerful this week:
  • my 9 year old defending his big sister against older bullies in the swimming pool
  • my daughter performing brilliantly for her grade 1 singing exam
  • my son being picked for the school athletics team
  • my daughter being very calm dealing with a first aid incident whilst marshalling at parkrun


get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message