Thursday 9 June 2016

Reasons to be Cheerful: A Prize Weekend in Bowness #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful

Thank you everyone who joined in last week even though it was the school holidays for many of us. Looking forward to reading and sharing more posts again. Here are my reasons this week:

1) A room with a view

I won one of those comment on a Facebook status weekend breaks at the Macdonald Old England Hotel in Bowness on the shores of Windermere. So it wasn't a long way to go and they let me bring both children instead of just an adult plus one. This was the view from our room which made us all very happy:


2) Posh dinner

The second bit of the weekend to make my daughter and I smile was the dinner that was included in the prize. A lush 3 courses in which we both chose the lamb:


3) Grasmere Gallop

The weekend coincided with my son and I running the Grasmere Gallop on a very hot day. He was a gazelle and 5th to finish and first under 10. I was a lot slower but still 2nd in my age category:


4) Pampering

The other extra part of the prize was a trip to the spa for treatments for 2 of us. I opted for a full body massage which was amazing. My daughter had her first proper manicure and loved it. Luckily my son was happy to watch TV in the room whilst we were being treated!


get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message