Wednesday 27 January 2016

Pot plants

I was looking to brighten up my front room with out going the expense of buying myself cut flowers. So I snapped up a few supermarket bargains to put on the window sill.

First up this Gerbera that was only £1 at Morrisons:


As it is in a pot I should hopefully have this bright orange bloom for quite some time (as long as I remember to water it!).

Then my major bargain in the January sales was a 50p Amaryllis from Asda. A couple of weeks of keeping it damp and hopefully getting the odd bit of sunshine it has finally sprung into life:


I can't wait to see what it turns out like. Apparently I should be able to keep it going for a few years if I follow the instructions well... Now that would be an achievement for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message