Thursday 1 October 2015

Reasons to be Cheerful: October is here #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful

It's a new month so Jo (Ojo's World) is having a well earned break from hosting and handing back to me! Here's hoping I can do as good a job as her for the month... At least I should have plenty to be happy about as its my birthday and my daughter's. Here are this week's reasons:

1) Photography

I entered an online photo competition on Instagram with UK Pic of the Day and was publicly voted the winner for this photograph:


I am amazed as I've never won any photo comp before - it may only be for kudos but I'm happy with 841 Instagram likes!

2) Macmillan Coffee Morning

We had a successful coffee morning at our house and raised over £20. My son kept adding money from his wallet to boost the total! One of his friends also went home and came back with some cash. Big sister had helped bake the cakes for her contribution.


3) Operation House

One of the key areas needing sorting was the storage in my bedroom. Being a teacher I have a tonne of stuff I need to keep handy and my room has to act as my office. My dad put up these Ikea shelving units this weekend to make it all a lot more organised.


4) Clever girl

One of my daughter's favourite subjects at school is art and she has been involved in a project for Kendal's Comic Art Fest. She has helped to create this fabulous fox (and a badger too):


We want to share people's happy posts so please link your posts and grab the badge...


Reasons to be Cheerful 

1 comment:

  1. The win is really deserved, well done Becky. So going to look for those shelves with drawers, they are awesome! I do love a bit of operation house lol. Great reasons xx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message