Thursday 6 February 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 6 - 2014 #R2BC

Ojos World

I've handed hosting back over to Jo at Ojo's world for February so its her badge this month! I am sure she will look after us all very well. Here are my first reasons to be cheerful for February:

1) A fun family weekend

Saturday saw my son's Beaver colony coffee morning which we all enjoyed. Lots of yummy cakes and my daughter won 2 raffle prizes! Then the children were allowed their first McDonalds of 2014...

Afterwards we went to the panto at Crosthwaite, can you tell the story from this photo:

Crosthwaite pantomime

On Sunday we went to South Lakes Animal Park and I've already blogged about our day and put up lots of photos.

2) New (to me) car

Just like Jo I've been forced to part with my old car due to prohibitive mechanics bills! Luckily I've been able to get a replacement which currently looks immaculate inside and out... how long will it look like this:


3) Proud Mummy

My daughter got a head teacher's award for writing in the style of Rudyard Kipling. Several members of staff and some of her class mates were all telling me today how fantastic it was so I was really glad to get a read. 

Her little brother was brave enough to hand feed birds at the zoo which he has never wanted to do before:


Why are you smiling this week? Please join in the hop:


21 comments:

  1. Ok, forgive me for the stupid comment but, where did you get that bin!! Awesome lol. Hope you're loving your car as much as I'm loving mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lakeland of course! Only had mine 2 days so getting used to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, how lovely! I enjoyed reading this. Well, I am an ex-panto gal ;-) Love the photo of your son. This is my first week joining in R2BC, it's a really positive thing to do :-)


    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome on board! glad you enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's Talk Mommy7 February 2014 at 19:01

    Oh bless all these gorgeous little animal babies. They are so cute! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking for Blue Sky7 February 2014 at 19:05

    I was a panto virgin until this January and now I've been to two, not for me you understand but for my special needs daughter, who just loved them! Hope your kids did too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. our 2nd of the year! we love them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan Styles You9 February 2014 at 10:15

    Lovely - the last one is my favourite - what a cheeky face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh we were there last week - it's such a lovely place, isn't it? Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The explorer's mum!10 February 2014 at 13:43

    Oh wow - such a fabulous place. Apparently it's free until 14th Feb too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay to new, clean cars and proud mummy moments, what a lot of great reasons to smile :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What absolutely fantastic pictures, they've really made me smile, thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks! glad you made it up - now you home school make most of going mid week when quieter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're welcome, sorry it took a while to share

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message