Monday 10 September 2012

Back to school blues

The joy of the new school term has worn off already! The children had 3 days back last week and got progressively tireder as the days went by and took longer to prise out of bed in the morning... They are still happy to get to school eventually...

 

After school they are tired, cranky and argumentative.... Then for some reason over the weekend they both got up earlier than on a school day and woke me up in the process... So they are short of sleep and this morning I almost needed a crowbar to get the children up long after they normally surface.

 

Because its back to school it's back to after school activities this week. So after work I gathered them up from after school club and headed over to swimming. They really weren't in a fit state for a lesson but once paid for you can't waste it! They both did the best they could in circumstances but were a bit teary.

 

I am now dead on my feet and think it must be my bedtime already even if my children are refusing to sleep! Think we have 7 weeks to go to the holidays..

 

1 comment:

  1. Mums make lists24 July 2013 at 11:46

    Not sure which is more exhausting the holidays or the whole rushing out of the house / scrambling back in the evening routine.

    I would love for you to link up this post at the Empty Your Archive party - we're focused on back to school posts this week but you can also share your great old posts on over 100 different topics in the Mummy Archive, which is a fab resource bank for mums - Alice xx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message