Thursday 22 December 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XXX ( #R2BC )



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Think my numbering gone awry but this may actually be my 30th R2BC post! Thanks Michelle for helping me stay optimistic in 2011 :-) Here is why I am smiling this week:

1) Family

On Saturday I as able to catch up with my brother and sister in law whilst I was down in Reading.  My Silent Sunday post showed how delighted my son was to see his uncle for the first time in over a year. It is great that I am still friends with my ex husband's family even though he is out of the picture. Spending time with them is always a pleasure.

2) Friends

The rest of the weekend was spent with my old high school friends. With a total of 9 children between us and 3 husbands its hard to get us all in the same place at the same time but we manage it a few times a year. I am very lucky that we can get put up for a couple of nights so that its not a rushed trip down. After being friends for 28 years its always great to get together. One day I hope to be able to have everyone to come and visit us again...

3) Winning things

Back in November I entered a competition on Knees Up Mother Brown and then completely forgot about it. I was delighted to receive in the post a gorgeous necklace handmade by Innocent Charms

I also loved the day out we won to South Lakes Wild Animal Park at Dalton. A great way to get in the mood for Christmas with visits to Santa included!

4) My son

Having completed his first term at school my son is now keen to practice his writing on things like present labels. When it came to writing mine he said he had to write "Love you" first as the most important thing:


1 comment:

  1. Wow, 4 is special :0)I hope you lucky streak continues into 2012. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message