Thursday 8 December 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XXVII ( #R2BC )


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


Welcome back Michelle after your break - hope all of us guest hosts looked after this OK for you!

1) Cars

The fact that my Skoda may have completely packed in on Friday could have left me in a complete state. Luckily my lovely mum bought me a Saxo off a friend on Friday morning so I am mobile again. It's going to take some getting used to having a little car and not an estate (plus no power steering) but I have re-gained my independence.

2) My daughter

Last night I went to see my daughter perform in her school's KS2 Christmas musical. I was very proud of the dance routine she performed with a group from her class. She was doing it again tonight with her grandparents watching.


Checking out her rock star pink mohican!

3) Getting festive

Despite the downbeat post earlier this week I am feeling more festive. Our decorations are up - just outdoor lights awaiting the end of the rain! The brief flurry of snow made Christmas seem closer. Tomorrow is my son's nativity play - wonder if I'll cry at sight of him as a sheep!


4) Winner!


I was so tired I forgot one of my biggest reasons to be cheerful! I have won a family Christmas Experience Day at South Lakes Wildlife Park. The park is free at the moment to everyone but all the extra Christmas bits still cost. We are getting a free lunch, a ride on the train to visit Santa and a chance to feed Santa's reindeer - not sure who is most excited me or the children ;-)


5) Kindness of others


Another late breaking one was the arrival tonight of an unexpected hamper from Christians Against Poverty. It is so kind of the people at Parr St Church in Kendal so send my children and I a box of Christmas goodies that we can't afford to buy ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message